Fitbit and Google Fit are two popular fitness-tracking platforms that offer a variety of features to help you track your activity, sleep, and health. You may sync your Fitbit device’s data with your Google Fit account and track your progress over time by doing so.
Add Fitbit to Google Fit, you’ll need to:
- Get the Google Fit application. Both iOS and Android phones and tablets can download the Google Fit app.
- Launch Google Fit.
- Sign in to your Google account.
- Tap the Profile icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap Settings.
- Under Devices, tap Add Device.
- Select Fitbit from the list of devices.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to connect your Fitbit device to your Google Fit account.
Your data will immediately sync once your Fitbit is connected to Google Fit. Your synchronized data is accessible in the Google Fit app.
A few advantages of linking your Fitbit to Google Fit are listed below:
Track your success over time: You can monitor your advancement and observe changes in your activity levels, sleep patterns, and health metrics by synchronizing your Fitbit device’s data with Google Fit.
Get personalized insights: Google Fit uses your data to provide personalized insights and recommendations to help you reach your fitness goals.
Share your data with others: You can share your data from Google Fit with friends and family, or with your doctor or healthcare provider.
If you have any problems connecting your Fitbit to Google Fit, you can contact Fitbit support.
Here are some additional tips for add Fitbit to Google Fit:
Make sure your Fitbit device is up to date: Fitbit regularly releases firmware updates for its devices. These updates can improve the performance of your device and fix bugs. To check for updates, open the Fitbit app and tap the Account icon. Then, tap Device Settings and Check for Updates.
Make sure your Google Fit app is up to date: Google also regularly releases updates for the Google Fit app. These upgrades may enhance the app’s functionality and include new features. Open the Google Play Store or App Store and enter “Google Fit” to check for updates. Then, tap Update if an update is available.
Make sure your devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network: If your devices are connected to different Wi-Fi networks, you may have problems connecting them. Open your device’s settings and choose the same Wi-Fi network to join them to the same Wi-Fi network.
Restart your devices: If you’re still having problems connecting your devices, try restarting them. To restart your Fitbit device, press and hold the button on the side of the device for about 10 seconds. Hold the power button down for around 10 seconds to restart your phone.
When did Google buy Fitbit?
On November 1, 2019, Google released a statement announcing its intention to pay $2.1 billion to acquire Fitbit. January 14, 2021, saw the agreement’s completion.
Fitbit is a top company in the wearables industry, known for producing fitness trackers, smartwatches, and other devices that monitor users’ activity, sleep, and health. Fitbit was purchased by Google in what was considered as a calculated effort to increase the company’s market share in the wearables sector.
Since the acquisition, Google has integrated Fitbit’s technology into its own products and services. For instance, Google Fit, the company’s fitness tracking platform, now incorporates data from Fitbit devices. Google has also said that it plans to continue to develop new products and services that use Fitbit’s technology.
Opinions regarding the Fitbit acquisition have been mixed. Some individuals welcome the move, believing it will provide Google with the necessary resources to compete with Apple in the wearables market. Others express concerns about Google’s approach to privacy and the potential use of Fitbit’s data for targeted advertising.
Only time will tell how Google’s acquisition of Fitbit will unfold. However, it is evident that the deal is a significant development in the wearables market.
Here are some advantages of Google’s acquisition of Fitbit:
- Google can use Fitbit’s data to improve its own products and services. Fitbit’s data, for example, can be utilized to increase the accuracy of Google’s fitness-tracking algorithms.
- Google can capitalize on Fitbit’s brand and reputation to strengthen its own wearables business. Fitbit enjoys a respected position in the wearables market, and Google can use this reputation to attract new customers to its own wearables offerings.
- Google can utilize Fitbit’s technology to develop innovative products and services. For instance, Fitbit’s technology can be applied to create a new smartwatch with features like heart rate monitoring and sleep tracking.
Here are some of the challenges that Google faces as a result of its acquisition of Fitbit:
- Addressing concerns about privacy practices is crucial for Google. Users worry that Fitbit’s data might be exploited for targeted advertising. Google needs to address these concerns in order to gain the trust of users and regulators.
- Integrating Fitbit’s technology into Google’s existing products and services may pose difficulties. Fitbit’s technology differs from Google’s, and ensuring a seamless integration without disrupting the user experience is essential.
- Competing with Apple in the wearables market presents a significant challenge for Google. Apple currently holds a dominant position in the industry, so Google must offer competitive products and services to rival Apple’s offerings.
Overall, Google’s acquisition of Fitbit marks a significant milestone in the wearables market. The integration of Fitbit’s technology into Google’s ecosystem, as well as the competition with Apple, will determine the outcome of this strategic move.
Google Fit vs Fitbit: Which One is Right for You?
Fitbit and Google Fit are two popular fitness-tracking platforms that have gained a lot of attention. They come with a wide range of features to help you monitor your activity, sleep, and overall health. Each platform has its own unique strengths and weaknesses, so it’s essential to choose the one that suits your needs.
Let’s start with Google Fit.
It’s a free fitness tracking platform that you can access on both Android and iOS devices. It offers several useful features:
- Activity Tracking: Google Fit keeps tabs on your steps, distance covered, calories burned, and active minutes.
- Heart Rate Monitoring: With Google Fit, you can monitor your heart rate throughout the day.
- Sleep Tracking: Google Fit also helps you track the quality and duration of your sleep.
- Challenges: To keep you motivated, Google Fit provides challenges that you can participate in.
- Insights: Google Fit offers valuable insights into your activity and sleep data, giving you a better understanding of your overall fitness levels.
Let’s now discuss Fitbit.
Smartwatches, fitness trackers, and scales are just a few of the fitness-tracking gadgets that Fitbit, a well-known brand, specializes in. Its fitness tracking platform offers a range of features:
- Activity Tracking: Fitbit allows you to monitor your steps, distance, calories burned, and active minutes.
- Heart Rate Monitoring: You may monitor your heart rate using a Fitbit throughout the day.
- Sleep Tracking: Fitbit helps you analyze your sleep patterns and provides information on sleep quality and duration.
- GPS Tracking: Some Fitbit devices come with built-in GPS, enabling you to accurately track your runs and walks.
- Smartwatches: Fitbit makes smartwatches that can receive phone notifications, make calls, and send text messages.
- Apps: Fitbit provides various apps to assist you in your fitness journey, including a food log, a water tracker, and a weight loss tracker.
When deciding between Google Fit and Fitbit, it’s important to consider your specific requirements and preferences. If you’re seeking a free platform with a good range of features, Google Fit is an excellent choice. On the other hand, if you desire a platform with more advanced features and a wider selection of devices, Fitbit may be the better option for you.
Here is compares the two platforms:
|Android and iOS
|Android, iOS, and smartwatches
|Activity tracking, heart rate monitoring, sleep tracking, challenges, insights
|Activity tracking, heart rate monitoring, sleep tracking, GPS tracking, smartwatches, apps
|Free, variety of features, available on a variety of devices
|More expensive, not have as many features as Google Fit
|Some features are limited to premium users, not as many devices as Fitbit
|More expensive, not as many features as Google Fit
Call to action
If you’re still not sure which device is right for you, I encourage you to try both Google Fitbit and Apple Watch. Both devices offer free trials, so you can try them out before you buy.
I hope this article helped you decide which fitness tracker is right for you. If you have any questions, please leave a comment below.
Here are some additional tips for choosing a fitness tracker:
- Consider your fitness goals. What are you hoping to achieve with a fitness tracker? Do you want to lose weight, get in shape, or simply track your daily activity?
- Think about your budget. Fitness trackers can range in price from around $50 to $500. It’s important to find a device that fits your budget.
- Read reviews. Once you’ve narrowed down your choices, read reviews from other users to get their feedback on the devices you’re considering.
FAQ (Frequently Ask Questions)
Can Fitbit connect to Google Fit?
Yes, you can connect your Fitbit to Google Fit using Google’s Health Connect app. This app allows users to sync Fitbit data with Google Fit. Alternatively, you can also use third-party services such as Health Sync and FitToFit.
Is Fitbit owned by Google?
Yes, Fitbit is owned by Google. In November 2019, Google announced that it would acquire Fitbit for $2.1 billion. The acquisition was completed in January 2021.
Did Google buy Fitbit for $2.1 billion?
Yes, Google acquired Fitbit for $2.1 billion.
Which is best, Google Fit or Fitbit?
Google Fit and Fitbit are both great fitness-tracking platforms. The best one for you will depend on your individual needs and preferences.